Menopause Spa Day & Break at the Glass House Retreat
As a retreat focused on helping women achieve optimal health and wellbeing, if you are going through, or have been through the menopause, our specially designed Menopause Spa Day and Spa Break is just for you.
Our bespoke packages include menopause-friendly treatments, specially-designed food menus and smoothies, and Cryotherapy to cool down the body and boost health and wellness.
We also provide best practice health care information for women going through their transition and beyond, helping you make fully informed, mid-life health choices to improve your wellness and feel confident.
Includes spa treatments chosen specifically to help relieve some of the symptons of the Menopause and also help you feel and look fabulous.
Cryotherapy in the Lifecube is a flagship Glass House cold therapy treatment that keeps you cool, improves mood, reduces headaches, supports weight loss (300-800 calories), boosts circulation and strengthens your immune system. And to give you a freshren up, our Elemis Pro-Definition Lift & Contour facial concentrates around your jowl area with a lifting mask & massage to tighten and contour. To complement both treatments, the Glass House Foot Refresher focuses on tired feet and calves, helping increase blood flow and reduce any possible swelling.
Love the New You Spa Break includes:
- An overnight stay in a Superior Glass House Room
- Breakfast with Blue Spirulina Smoothie (Menopause-friendly option)
- 1x Pro-Definition Lift & Contour 55 min each worth £80
- 1x Foot Refresher 25mins each normally £35
- 1x Cryotherapy Session each
- Full use of Glass House facilities, daily exercise classes and vegan chef demo
- 10% discount on additional treatments booked prior to arrival
- All meals are included, from dinner on your day of arrival, through to breakfast on your day of departure. Giving you the choice of any of our three interchangeable dietary plans (click here to view menus)
Mon-Thur: 1 Person £330 / 2 People £420
Fri-Sun: 1 Person £415 / 2 People £525
Mon-Thur: 1 Person £375 / 2 People £510
Fri-Sun: 1 Person £450 / 2 People £610
Our Go With The Glow Spa Day offers you a day of stress relief and relaxation with Menopause-friendly spa treatments that will make you feel fantastic. Lunch includes Fruity Rice and Tofu, Noodle and Sprouted Bean salad options as soy-rich foods that help reduce menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes because they contain high levels of isoflavones, a substance that mimics estrogen.
The Go With the Glow Spa Day includes:
- Pro-Definition Lift & Contour Facial 55 min
- Foot Refresher 25mins
- Cryotherapy Session x1
- Exclusive use of the facilities (state-of-the-art gym, pool, sauna & fitness classes)
Spa Day Weekday 1 Person: £215
Spa Day Weekday 2 People: £410
Spa Day Weekend 1 Person: £235
Spa Day Weekend 2 People: £450
Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI)
The theme for World Menopause Day 2020 was Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI). Premature ovarian insufficiency (POI) is a loss of function of the ovaries in women who are less than 40 years of age. The ovaries do not release eggs regularly and do not produce typical amounts of oestrogen.
Women with spontaneous POI have irregular or no periods. Women may or may not have menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes. Approximately one in every 100 women will spontaneously have POI and enter menopause before the age of 40. Spontaneous early menopause (menopause between 40 and 45 years) affects approximately five in every 100 women. (Source: Australasian Menopause Society).