Love Yourself First, To Love Others
February is the month of love and at the Glass House we believe before you can love others, you must love yourself first. Following a detox in January you might have started a new fitness regime but slacked off as the month went on. Now is never a better time to ramp up your training, look after your health and get body confident.
Take a step closer to the person you want to be. You needn't go it alone - our Love My Body package can help. Find out more below as well as top training tips and ideas for self-care from our Wellness experts, alongside Chef Miguel's dietary advice and a delicious recipe to try at home. Scroll down to learn more >>
Discover a new you
How you feel about your body is a personal journey and we are often our own worst critics. With our supportive environment, heathy plant based food, inclusive fitness classes and state-of-the art, results-driven treatments, you can find body confidence.
What will I get?
- Morning countryside walks
- 4 fitness classes per day
- Use of gym, pool, steam room & sauna
- Option of juicing, weight loss or equilibrium menus
- Cryotherapy (can burn 300 – 800 calories, improves skins appearance, supports muscle recovery, increases endorphins)
- All meals are included, from dinner on your day of arrival, through to breakfast on your day of departure. Giving you the choice of any of our three interchangeable dietary plans (click here to view menus)
- Spa & wellness monetary voucher to spend on treatments
Stay for a week from £208 per person, per night for double occupancy Superior Room with other room options available. We are taking forward bookings and gift voucher purchases for this package.
Treat your Valentine to ultimate relaxation and indulgence with a romantic Spa Day for two.
- Access to Day Spa Suite
- Full access to classes and activities
- Full access to our state-of-the-art spa facilities
- Plantbased lunch with smoothie
- 55 minute Hot mineral body boost – a relaxing moisturizing body treatment
Weekdays £129 pp, £238 for two. Weekends £149 pp, £278 for two. Purchase as a gift voucher with the confidence of flexible booking, valid for 13 months.
*Save 10% with discount code VALENTINES10 - discount runs from the 1st-14th February 2021*
Whisk your Valentine away. Book a wonderful stay for the two of you at Glass House Retreat. This luxurious spa break includes:
- Overnight stay in Superior Glass House Room
- 1 x 25 minute lava shell back massage & 25 minute Elemis facial
- Full use of Glass House facilities, daily exercise classes and vegan cooking demos
- 10% discount on additional treatments booked prior to arrival
- Lunch on check-out day can be added on for an additional cost
Love My Body at the Glass House
While you can't visit the Glass House at present, we offer a range of Gift Vouchers that offer flexible booking anytime over the next 12 months. Book the Love My Body package anytime of the year for any number of days.
If you are changing your regular exercise, diet and focus to love your body, our team of wellness, fitness and diet experts have put together a number of top tips to ensure you get the best out of your new routine. Whether exercising at home or at the Glass House when we reopen later this year, we hope you find our range of tips help you to love yourself more.
Self-care might sound soppy, but it's anything but. Your thoughts are the soundtrack to every waking moment. Self-care is about keeping them positive and self-aware. Healthy introspection enables you to track and realise goals, deal with set backs in a resilient way, and get more satisfaction out of success. Which isn't to be scoffed at.
Here are some reminders to help:
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Give yourself the compassion you would give someone else.
- Focus on your wins/achievements. Give yourself a daily pat on the back for all the things you achieved.
- Set yourself one small goal a day, writing it down can help. Small steps create big changes over time. Be consistent and make it manageable.
Get your daily kick of Oxytoxin, the 'love hormone'. Responsible for warm fuzzy feelings of love and contentment. Oxytocin is a powerful hormone which is released by physical and emotional proximity to others. It's something we all crave. Luckily there are ways to enhance it, even in isolation. Here's how:
- Spend time nurturing healthy positive relationships. This could be on the phone with your friends.
- Hugging. If you have people in your bubble, fantastic. If not, your brain actually can't tell the difference between being hugged or hugging yourself (yes, really). So take a moment to wrap your arms around yourself and on a biochemical level you'll be calmer.
- Playing or interacting with an animal. Dogs, cats, pigs and ponies. Give your pet a cuddle, say hi to animals on your daily exercise, or head to @thesurgesanctuary for heartwarming content.
- Small acts of service. Whether that is making your partner breakfast in bed or getting some shopping for a shielding neighbour, helping others can make us feel good.
This luscious mousse is a treat to your body and your tastebuds. It's all goodness too. No nasties: just buttery smooth avocado, pure cacao, the natural sweetness of agave and vanilla, with the gentle heat of chilli.
Dark chocolate is rich in Flavanols, phytonutrients that help support blood vessel health and healthy circulation. Meanwhile chilli peppers contain capsaicin which increases metabolic activity and helps to burn off fat and calories.
- 1 large ripe avocado, pit removed
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Blend all the ingredients to a smooth and creamy mouse, adding extra honey, salt or cayenne to taste. Top with slices of chilli or slivers of brazil nuts if desired.